[Soc] TDSP implementation for pgRouting Weekly Report

Jay Mahadeokar jai.mahadeokar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 11:14:20 EDT 2011

Hi,

Weekly Report #8
Date - 22nd July 2011

Current Progress
Last week we discussed what data wrappers will be needed for retrieving time
dependent data into format expected by the tdsp function. The tdsp function
expects time dependent data with start time as 0 and everything offset from
start time. So, for different data formats wrapper functionality will be
needed which will convert the data into above format taking care of cyclic
nature of data etc [1].

We finally decided that wrapper functions in form of plsql arguments will be
best way to implement the above functionality. So, I have learned and
written corresponding plsql function for the time dependent data format
which was used for testing the core tdsp function. The code is updated in
the gsoc-tdsp branch [2].

I have also modified the tdsp.h, tdsp.c and weight_map.hpp files so that the
end_times are also taken care of, which I had missed in earlier code.

Next Weeks Goals
Discuss the most common data formats that may be used with the community and
write plsql wrapper functions for them.
Keep testing the core algorithm with more varied data.
Start looking at the documentation that must be done.

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pgrouting-dev/2011-July/000371.html
[2]
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/blob/gsoc-tdsp/extra/tdsp/sql/tdsp_data_wrappers.sql

-Jay Mahadeokar