[SoC] GSOC Week 2 report : Adding WMS layer support to update WXGUI

Sudeep Singh sudeep495 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 13:07:21 EDT 2011

Hi all,

This is my 2nd week report. Thanks to Maris for his help in this weeks work.

*1) What do I have completed this week?*

I have completed the following by this week.

   - Read the programmers manual for WXGUI [1], [2], [3].
   - Written a standalone helloWorld application in WXGUI and learning WXGUI
   from [4]
   - Added a button to GUI of GRASS, which for now essentially does nothing.

   - Printing of dummy messages and changing the welcome messages.
   - Test uploading on SVN and getting acquainted with svn.

*2) What am I going to achieve for next week?*

I plan to update the GUI with respect to available layers. Back end WMS
support will be hard coded for the time being.

*3) Is there any blocking issue?*

Learning of WXPython. Never used it before. I am trying to get comfortable
with it.

http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/WxGUI_WMS_service_rendering_GSoC_2011#Weekly_GSOC_reports

Thanks and regards
Sudeep