[SoC] Integration of GGL2 into gvSIG - Weekly report

Víctor González victorzinho at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 14:35:58 EDT 2011

Hi,

I just updated the wiki with the second weekly report. You can find all the
info here:
http://trac3.xp-dev.com/ggl2/wiki/gvSIG_Integration#week3<http://trac3.xp-dev.com/ggl2/wiki/gvSIG_Integration#week1>

The report for this week is:

   - *What have I done?*
      - *Modify the GGL2 grammar*: I have changed the grammar in order to
      specify the GIS where the results must be shown. Now you can
declare a GIS
      with:

  gis gvSIG;

and then use it when exporting *results* (a variable with some processed
data):

  show results in gvSIG as SHP 'result';

 Some validations (such as the GIS application is listening and there is a
GIS definition in the same file or in an imported library) have been added
to the compilation process as well as scope improvements in order to
reference GIS objects across files.

   - *What am I going to do now?*
      - *Get layers for multiple GIS apps*: Now that we can write results to
      multiple GIS applications, we need to get the data from those
apps. Thus, we
      need to reference the layers from different SIG applications at the same
      time within a single script. There are several constructions in
the language
      that may fit that purpose and we need to decide which one is best now.
   - *Any blocking issue?* No

Regards,
Víctor.