[SoC] Enhancing Geoserver Authentication - Third Report

christian.mueller at nvoe.at christian.mueller at nvoe.at
Mon Jun 13 03:14:09 EDT 2011

This week I invested into two major concepts.

1) Enable dynamic reload of user/group/roles during runtime. The
challenge is that I have to change the roles of user objects already
used by the runtime. The reload must preserve user object identity,
simply deserializing  is not a proper concept.

2) Introduce a version system to the user/group/roles xml files. This
feature is intended for the future if we have to change the xml format.

Cheers
Christian