[SoC] Enhancing Geoserver Authentication - 4th Report

christian.mueller at nvoe.at christian.mueller at nvoe.at
Sat Jun 18 03:45:24 EDT 2011

This week I finished XML serializing / deserializing for
user/group/roles and added a locking layer using read/write locks for
dynamic changes during runtime.

At the moment I am busy writing test cases. Next step will be a
backend implementation using JDBC to check if the architecture allows
different backend implementations.

Additionally, I will invest if there are advantages using the Java
event mechanism notifying the environment about changes in the
security database.

Cheers
Christian