[SoC] Availability for Mentoring Integration projects

tisham at eleceng.adelaide.edu.au tisham at eleceng.adelaide.edu.au
Fri Mar 25 11:54:21 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am willing to mentor students integrating

1. NASA worldwind + Geoserver
Alongside openlayers for 3D preview of images and elevations served via
geoserver. I have worked on the worldwind formats plugin which allows
geoserver to provision data in formats natively understood by worldwind.
The general ideas are presented here:

http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/WorldWind+Integration

Technically the project will develop a geoserver preview module in
community space which adds a 3D preview tab under layer preview (or
somewhere close to the openlayers preview in the ui) and starts up a
worldwind applet which is configured with the correct layers via
javascript + applet tags and dynamically generated html from query of the
geoserver catalog.

2. OTB-Qgis integration

To allow streamed large raster data processing from Qgis, as well as
fancier algorithms like SVM and Object Based Image Analysis we integrated
OTB as a plugin to Qgis. A streamed raster layer was also developed to
reuse the reprojection features OTB provides. Details concerning the
plugin can be found here:

http://wiki.orfeo-toolbox.org/index.php/Quantum_GIS_plugins

This project will expose OTB Algorithms via a Qt GUI in Qgis. Functions
will be grouped as they are in the OTB FLTK based GUI (Monteverdi). The
data output will be streamed back to OTB via suitable streamed providers
for raster and vector.

Please let me know if you are interested in these projects and contact me
directly in IRC/twitter (@whatnick) or via this list.

Cheers,

Tisham.