[SoC] Re: GSoC QGIS Mobile

Ramón Carrillo rcarrill at fiec.espol.edu.ec
Mon Apr 2 00:25:58 EDT 2012

Hi Marco.

As I mentioned you in a earlier email. I expect to use Qgis for Android for
monitoring a device that we will throw to sea. That device will be equipped
with a few sensors.

Beside the cloud syncing, I'm interest in syncing without connection at
all. I expect to use Qgis at places where there aren't 3G connection. I
think that syncing through USB may be useful.

Then, I would like to develop:
- Display local map data.
- Show current location.
- Syncing (Qgis cloud and USB).
- No-connection mode.

Those features are perfect for my purposes!

Once finished it, I might start the development of the other features. The
postgis provider is my favorite.

And finally, what about Python support?

Regards,
Ramón