[SoC] Re: GSoC QGIS Mobile

Marco Bernasocchi marco at bernawebdesign.ch
Tue Apr 3 13:12:54 EDT 2012

On 04/02/2012 06:25 AM, Ramón Carrillo wrote:
> Hi Marco.
>
> As I mentioned you in a earlier email. I expect to use Qgis for Android
> for monitoring a device that we will throw to sea. That device will be
> equipped with a few sensors.
>
> Beside the cloud syncing, I'm interest in syncing without connection at
> all. I expect to use Qgis at places where there aren't 3G connection. I
> think that syncing through USB may be useful.
yep, or bluetooth

> Then, I would like to develop:
> - Display local map data.
(already available, needs a new GUI - this is the most inportant part of
the project)
> - Show current location.
(already available)
> - Syncing (Qgis cloud and USB).
> - No-connection mode.
>
> Those features are perfect for my purposes!
>
> Once finished it, I might start the development of the other features.
> The postgis provider is my favorite.
(already available, all providers are already ported, you can just use them)

> And finally, what about Python support?
Looking into it right now, and plan to work on it at the Hackfest. But I
think that Python would be more for the bigger tablet interface.

ciao

--
Marco Bernasocchi
www.opengis.ch