[SoC] Porting discontinued Axios Spatial Tools into uDig core 1.3 - weekly report #11

Marco Foi gsoc at mcfoi.it
Fri Aug 3 09:12:32 PDT 2012

Hi folks.

This week was a very good one

*What did I do this week?*

I could perform several improvements to the MergeTool
Now it covers presenting to the user the features selected BEFORE issuing
the "Operation->Merge Selected" menu command. This streamlines the tool
usage and should close some of the issue in
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1911
I fought and won against the TreeView inside the MergeView to preserve
original behaviour of MergeTool: both 'classic' workflow and Operation mode
(Box Selecion driven) workflow are working side by side.

Here the code:
https://github.com/mcfoi/udig-platform/tree/merge-tool-fixes-3rd/plugins/eu.udig.tools/src/eu/udig/tools/merge

*What will I be working on next week?*

I planned to start a global review of the work, trying to cover all use
cases I can have forgot.
This will surely lead to some bug-fixing.

*Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?*

No.. ..this week was not easy.. ..but, thanks to Mauricio's help an
community support I am now a lot more confident and able to move in the
framework than just some weeks ago!

Thank you,
Marco Foi