[SoC] Image Segmentation - GRASS - GSoC report #5
eric.momsen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 14:21:01 PDT 2012
Both planned tasks were completed:
* using linked lists to track segment membership
* using preexisting information (raster areas, original described as
polygons) to constrain the segmentation process
Also Markus M was running the module, and uncovered an error in the
algorithm, so next week's plan for validation is already started :)
* Further validation to confirm the segmentation results.
* Find some way to improve the speed, with improvements to the current code
and/or move more data into RAM.
* Start a second module, to produce statistics for the segments.
(This might be too much...hopefully at least 2 of the 3 tasks can be
Nothing really. I have some new appreciation for the number of
calculations that must be made, the established closed source software runs
overnight to segment a typical image....even with that basline I have a
long way to go, right now I think the current version here would take 2
years... hurrah for challenges :D
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC