[SoC] Mentor registration: please read

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 08:35:45 EDT 2012

Hello all,

some of you already registered on Melange and requested to become
mentors.
I'd ask for a little patience, as mentors can be approved
in Melange only after these two steps:

 - every mentor has to express preference over a project proposal, and
   state it in a mail to this list (I don't strictly require this for
   known contributors who are available to mentor ideas on their
   project's ideas page)
 - before registering on Melange, he/she has to fill in the Mentor form
   [0] that contains OSGeo specific questions. Known contributors are
   invited to fill in the form with up-to-date information.

The full procedure is available at the Administrative wiki page [1].
For any question, send a mail to the list, or contact me directly.

Let me also recall that Google delegates to the organisations the choice
of criteria for mentor acceptance, but "mentors for their organizations
must at least be committers for the corresponding project" [2].

For students, please register your profile in Melange, and wait for
March 26, 19:00 UTC (tonight) to register as students and submit your
proposals.

Thanks for your attention, and all the best!

[0]
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dEpKRDUzZEU4dXRxdHd5MVhCRWlSZXc6MA
[1]
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2012_Administrative#How_to_register_as_a_mentor