[SoC] Mentor registration: please read

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 13:49:38 EDT 2012

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 09:54:13 -0700
Landon Blake <sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anne:
>
> You wrote: "every mentor has to express preference over a project
> proposal, and state it in a mail to this list (I don't strictly
> require this for known contributors who are available to mentor ideas
> on their project's ideas page)"
>
> Does this mean we need to wait a bit for a student proposals before we
> register as a mentor?

Hello Landon!

You can register right now if you already have a potential student to
mentor, or co-mentor. Otherwise you can wait until a student comes up
on the lists/IRC with an application you wish to mentor.

Mentor registrations remain open after students' application period, so
that good proposals without mentor can be presented to the admins for
discussion, a placeholder mentor states his/her availability and the
developers community steps in for actual mentoring.

Best!
Anne