[SoC] OSgeo GSoC - Introduction

Marco Bernasocchi marco at bernawebdesign.ch
Wed Mar 28 18:36:45 EDT 2012

Hi Carol, great that you think about joining OSGeo for GSoC 2012, I did
it last year and it was a great experience. Regarding your skills, I
think the most important one is your attitude, if you are open and not
scared of getting your hands dirty than you _will_ learn a lot. I
started off with no knowledge of android, little java, some c++ and
ended up porting QGIS to Android.

I saw that QGIS mobile is the first project of your list. If you have
any question about it, don't hesitate asking, I'll be glad to help (and
mentor).
I’m actually thinking of setting up the bases for this proj shortly.

ciao
Marco

Marco Bernasocchi
www.opengis.ch