[SoC] Apply to GSoC

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 00:59:00 PDT 2013

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 18:14:10 -0500
Lord Flaubert Steve Ataucuri Cruz <lord.ataucuri at ucsp.edu.pe> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm Steve Ataucuri doing my 10th semester in Computer Science at San
> Pablo University, Arequipa-Peru. I would like to contribute to great
> OSGeo platform through a project in GSoC 2013.

Hello Steve,

welcome on the list, and thanks for your interest for OSGeo!

> I was taking about OSgeo4W idea to improving the windows port with
> Frank Warmerdam. Who told me that there are several things we could
> consider doing on OSGeo4W...

[..]

> I would like to express my interest in OSGeo4W and If you have some
> suggestions to me :) I would realy like to know them. Frank proposed
> me that He could be my mentor.

Very good, and thanks Frank for your availability!

At the moment OSGeo is waiting for Google to announce the list of
accepted organisations (April 8th), but you are welcome to contact the
developers right now. This is my simple advice, as I am not enough into
OSGeo4W development to give you tecnical pointers :)

Best regards, and fingers crossed!

Anne
OSGeo GSoC Admin
--