[SoC] GSoC mentor info

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 06:58:21 PDT 2013

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 20:47:48 +0400
Ilya Zverev <zverik at textual.ru> wrote:

> Hi! I'm Ilya Zverev, an OpenStreetMap activist. Thanks for taking OSM
> under your umbrella!

Hello Ilya,

welcome on board!

> I'd like to volunteer as a mentor for OSM projects. There is a
> project idea I submitted to OSM wiki (a surveying app for Android),
> and somehow a student willing to take it has already appeared, and
> he's been active in our community for a while (which is unusual for
> GSoC applicants). I'd be glad to mentor that project, but in case in
> won't get chosen, I guess I can be a backup mentor for any other
> OSM-related project (though there's usually a designated mentor for
> most of our listed project ideas). As you've probably guessed, this
> is my first time participating in GSoC. Thanks for extensive
> instructions in your wiki.

Thanks for your availability to mentor OSM projects.
Let's wait for student applications from Monday on: as mentor, you can
comment students' proposals on Melange, together with other interested
mentors.
In case of questions/doubts, feel free to write on this list or to me
directly.

All the best!

Anne
--