[SoC] 52 north

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 25 14:54:19 PDT 2013

Stefan wrote:
> btw. someone notices that 52 North was also accepted?
>
> https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2013/n52
>
> They seem to focus on ILWIS and WPS stuff.
> mhm...
>
> Anyone talked to them?
..
> PS: sorry if that may be off-topic for that list. But, ...

not off-topic at all! we all work together. 52N has been active
on our live demo DVD (http://live.osgeo.org). Cross-project
and cross-org interaction/pollination is a great side-benefit and
side-goal of GSoC.

if you go to the melange list of orgs, and put 'geo' in the filter
box a couple other geospatial cousins show up besides 52N:
BRL-CAD (connected to us by the DXF/DWG format, their gsoc admin
is a long time osgeo user/contributor & there's a grass addon
module for the associated libredwg; Cesium Community (never heard
of them, looks like POVRay / google earth like / OsgEarth /
ossimPlanet); and Liquid Galaxy Project which is surround-sound
google earth room thing.

anyone spot others?

Hamish