[SoC] GSoC OpenSurveyor week report #7

Pavel Melnikov positron96 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 11:49:48 PDT 2013

Hi everyone.
I am having problems with my Internet provider (and he is having problems
with hardware) and that limits my ability to code very much. So "done" list
for this week is not that impressing:

*Done this week:*

   - "Take photo" action is implemented (Closes #2)
   - Markers can be deleted from the list (if they contained external
   files, those are also deleted)
   - New version of XML preset file, with localization postfix applied to
   titles. One preset can be used for several languages. See
   https://github.com/positron96/opensurveyor/wiki/Preset-XML-format#localization
   - Almost full localization into English and Russian.
   - Reworked button layout. It handles various number of buttons nicely,
   leaves no extra space on edges. With >9 buttons it reduces sizes of buttons
   - POIs can be edited after creation by clicking on the item in the list
   - A lot of fixes and small improvements

*TODO: *

   - Start work on a map UI
   - Make session persistent (autosave and continue unsaved session)

*Problems:*
Damn internet provider!! Can't code anything without stackoverflow and
google.

As the last week, binary package can be found here:
https://github.com/positron96/opensurveyor/releases/tag/soc-week7