[SoC] Report #7 UTFGrid support for MapServer

Francois Desjarlais fdesjarlais1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 11:45:54 PDT 2013

Report #7

Reports #7 goes from July 27th to August 2nd. My example is up to date.
Just a few additions to OpenLayers and it should be a completely functional
UTFGrid generated with MapServer. (
http://msgsoc.mapgears.com/projet_utfgrid/testhtmlmapserver.html)

Week 9:

This week, my whole plan changed. I didn't do the renderSymbols function et
LABELS outputOption due to upcoming changes on how theses will be rendered.
It took me one day but I completely remade my pixel and removed most of its
useless code. Then, I started to work on docs necessary for a release for
half a day. The rest of the week, I worked on fixing bugs in my driver. I
am currently working on OpenLayers, i'm adding the necessary support for
UTFGridWMS. This week difficulties came from fixing bugs. I had a hard time
finding where they came from. I'm not used to JavaScript so working on
OpenLayers is also causing me trouble.

Plan:

1.  Finish UTFGrid support with OpenLayers. (1 days)
2.  Generate the UTFGrid doc. (2 days)
3.  Prepare the UTFGrid release. (1 day)
4.  Start fixing bugs that people finds. (rest of week)