[SoC] Weekly report #7 - GRASS Interactive Scatter Plot Tool

Štěpán Turek stepan.turek at seznam.cz
Fri Aug 2 22:54:39 PDT 2013

Hi all,

1) What do I have completed this week?

I have consulted schedule with my mentor and we decided that I am going to
focus on new gui part of the scatter plot. We also concluded that
refactoring of digitizer is out of scope of the project and it would take
too much time.  I have worked on optimization of the scatter plot for data
higher than 8 bit.

2) What am I going to achieve for next week?
I am going to work on gui part of the project.

3) Is there any blocking issue?
When I tested memory consumption of the scatter plot it showed that
currently matplotlib can consume quite a lot of memory (when analyzed
rasters are 12 bit). I will continue to work on that in order to reduce the
memory consumption.

Best
Stepan