[SoC] Resource Sharing in QGIS - Weekly Report #7

aruntheguy at gmail.com aruntheguy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 20:54:21 PDT 2013

Hello all,

I had a lot of going on about the implementation of the resource sharing
API in the Qunatum GIS desktop this week. Discussion about what all should
be done for the various types of resources, their metadata, the server side
and the client side etc.,

After my mentor's advise I have worked just on the symbols for this week.
The desktop integration previously done in the Import/Export Dialog has
been moved to the Symbol Manager itself. Commits here:
https://github.com/tecoholic/Quantum-GIS/commits/gsoc13
Documentation is updated here:
https://github.com/tecoholic/qgis-django/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2013

The symbol manager now has a "Online Repo" group item which can be used to
browse the symbols in the remote repo based on the tags and authors.

Next:
 This week I will improve the symbols API in the qgis-django application
and move towards integrating "styles" into it. And a few tweaks in the QGIS
Desktop application to easily import and export symbols without having to
open a separate "Import/Export" Dialog.

--
Regards
Arunmozhi