[SoC] GSoC 13 WR 7 - Hydrologically controlled landslides susceptibility tool for uDig

Marco Foi gsoc at mcfoi.it
Sun Aug 4 14:23:59 PDT 2013

GSoC 13 WR 7 - Hydrologically controlled landslides susceptibility tool for
uDig

Hi mates!

I’m Marco and I am working on the development of a tool to assess
susceptibility of hydrologically controlled shallow landslides.
The software will be based on the Ph.D. Thesis in Environmental Engineering
by Lanni C. (2012) and will consist of a model available for use within the
uDig/JGrass Spatial Toolbox

These are the tasks I’ve been doing during this third week:

• What did I do this week?

- Ok. I'll admit it: this week I diverted from the main project goal. I
felt I needed to grow a deeper familiarity with the two main libraries
behind JGrassTools. I spent the week practicing with GeoTools and the Java
Topology Suite. I covered the materials from the very nice course by Andrea
Antonello:
"Java Open Source GIS Development - From the building block to extending an
existing GIS application"
http://jgrasstechtips.blogspot.it/2013/01/course-java-open-source-gis-development.html
I believe the time was well spent but I am aware that I will have to
recover the delay.
- Also I could not meet Cristiano Lanni due to his work committments

• What will I be working on next week?

- I will see if I can finally meet with Cristiano Lanni before he goes on
vacation: I still need some hints on his R script.
- I will return on the "main road" and resume working on creating
sub-mdules of the core algorithm.

• Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?

- No.

Best regards,