[SoC] GSoC'13 OpenTripPlanner-for-Android Weekly Report #7

Vreixo González vreixo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 14:38:08 PDT 2013

Hi all,

*What did I do this week?*
*
I have finished implementing all the functionality using the new Android
Google Map's API and moving to Location Services. Now, app has much better
looking with new markers, camera movements on location and server changes
and saves and restore it's state on restart.

Many previous code of the app has been replaced by API functionalities,
more reliable and easy to use.

*What will I be working on next week?*

- Improve the UI making changes to make it more powerful and easy to use.
For example changing the way of retrieve step by step directions, whose bad
design is reported in github as a bug.

- Add bike planning parameters and date for the trip to the UI. Also
connect them to the back-end to add this parameters to the requests.

*Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?*

As I have changed many things in the app and created several new functions,
it was necessary to fix some bugs that had appeared.

Kind regards,
Vreixo González