[SoC] GSoC Weekly Report #9 - Design and implement an API for tiled vectorial support of POIProxy for gvSIG Mini

Arturo Argilés Casasús arturojargiles at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 00:55:13 PDT 2013

Hi,

this week I've developed a connector with the describe services operation
of POIProxy, so that any layer supported by POIProxy can be viewed on gvSIG
Mini. This is important because there is no need to change the Android
application when a new service is supported by POIProxy, it is some kind of
GetCapabilities for POI services.

I'm still playing a bit with the API demos of Android mainly the layouts
and ListViews stuff.

*Problems*:

- There was a problem with the JSON document returned by POIProxy when
requesting for the describeServices operation, it seems not to be a valid
JSON. So, at the moment I'm working against a test JSON, next week I will
try to modify POIProxy itself.

*Work for the next week*:

- Connect with the DescribeServices operation of POIProxy and build the UI
to select a service

Additional documentation of my project can be found here [1]

[1]
https://confluence.prodevelop.es/display/GVMN/Design+and+implement+an+API+for+tiled+vectorial+support+of+POIProxy

Regards,

Arturo