[SoC] report #9 utfgrid support for mapserver

Francois Desjarlais fdesjarlais1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 09:58:32 PDT 2013

François Desjarlais
August 16, 2013

Reports #9 goes from August 10th to August 16th. MapServer with UTFGrid
driver can be found on my (https://github.com/fdesj). You can find the docs
and working example here: (
http://msgsoc.mapgears.com/projet_utfgrid/testhtmlmapserver.html)

Week 11:

Now that my main task is done I need to move on the tiling function of the
driver. I didn't have much feedback for my driver. Still, I got 2 bugs
reported that I quickly fixed in about a day.
I also remade my lookup table so that it's less memory hungry now. Then, I
fixed some other bugs that I found myself for the next 2 days. Finally, I
started using MapCache to understand how it works. I need to understand how
it works because I have to debug so I know how the code inside is.
This week there wasn't a lot of challenge. Most of the challenge came from
using MapCache.

Plan:

1.  Debug MapCache to see how it works. (2-3 days)
2.  Start making the tiling function for UTFGrid. (Rest of week)