[SoC] GSoC Weekly Report July 5th

Francois Desjarlais fdesjarlais1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 11:57:38 PDT 2013

Reports #3 goes from June 29th to July 5th.This week is probably the
toughest since the beginning of the project. Like I planned last week, I
changed my code so that UTFGrid directly call AGG2 driver instead of using
a copy of it. I made this possible by adding a fake output in my driver.
With this output, it is possible to change the rendering parameter easily.
By calling AGG directly it was no longer necessary to use C++ so I changed
all my code to C. Also, like I planned, I added they keywords
UTFRESOLUTION, UTFITEM and UTFDATA to the mapfile syntax. UTFRESOLUTION
lets you set the grid resolution for each characters. Default resolution is
4 per char. UTFDATA is used to set which data returns with the UTFGrid. It
uses classObj->text syntax so it's easy to set. Finally, I'm working on
making shapes data available for my
driver.<https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/GSoC-Weekly-Report-July-5th#plan>

Plan

Next week I plan to bring the datas in my driver. Once It will be done, I
will do another iteration, review my code and update my example.