[SoC] OSGeo4W 2013 Weekly reports #3

Lord Flaubert Steve Ataucuri Cruz lord.ataucuri at ucsp.edu.pe
Fri Jul 5 20:14:08 PDT 2013

Hello All

This is the report for my 3th week in the GSoC.

What did I do this week?

This week I have revised many class of oseo4w installer to see how is
the processes of download a package of server (download.osgeo.org)
-  I have done a modification of setup.ini file to incorpote a link to
license file
-  I did modifications and was looking for into code where the
installer loads the list of package of setup.ini and try to add a
field to license

What do I plan on doing next week?

    - I will implement a class for download a license from a main
central repository and install into local directory ie: /etc/licenses.

Did I block on anything?

  - I had  a bit problem with the version of compiler , I was using
g++ 3.4 with flag -mno-cygwin to build the installer and I tried to
use ddd to debug the code, and now my version of cygwin has changed to
new compiler is g++ 4.7.3(current version of cygwin) , I tried to come
back g++ 3.4 but in the official list of package of cygwin there is
not anymore. This compiler has many bugs fixed and it doesn't support
-mno-cygwin flag, I couldn't build the setup,  and I spent many hours
in order to find a solution.

Best

Steve

--