[SoC] GSoC'13 OpenTripPlanner-for-Android Weekly Report #3
vreixo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 13:08:41 PDT 2013
*What did I do this week?*
- Small repairs and organizations in the code (moved string and constants
to resources, changed texts that displayed wrong information, little
changes in one or two functions, ...)
- Solved bugs:
- Using map markers to define Start and End text boxes, updated to the
- Solved a problems with locales and number formats that caused an
- Access to routing options was not correctly hidden before routing was
- Location updates continued to be requested when not necessary and when
app was not focused.
- Added some features:
- Added errors detection. Added timeouts, handlers and code in some
exception catching to cancel operations and inform user when something goes
wrong. Done for server info, geocoding and trip planning, with alert
- Added use of server central location as current location if this one
is not detected, also this is used to always center the map on it (if not
current location present). Before it only used it when a new server was
- Map now moves after trip planning, to be centered and zoomed on the
- Icons of each transport way added to map layer at the beginning of
each itinerary, to be more clear which medium is used, as is done in webapp.
*What will I be working on next week?*
- Work a bit more in little improvements on UI to make it more easy to use,
for example an important point is to trigger the process of geocoding in a
different way. Discuss with mentors which changes and improvements on UI
should be more necessary.
- Test much more the app to eliminate more bugs.
- Start studying the implementation of bigger changes and redesign of the
UI along with new more complicated features.
*Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?*
- Not really.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC