[SoC] OSGeo4W 2013 Weekly reports #4
Lord Flaubert Steve Ataucuri Cruz
lord.ataucuri at ucsp.edu.pe
Fri Jul 12 23:01:21 PDT 2013
This is the report for my 4th week in the GSoC.
What did I do this week?
- This week the main work was around support of new compiler, I have
changed the installer with new version of mingw compilers and runtime.
I was talking with my mentor Frank about advantage and disvantage of
new compiler and we decided to modernize it. We were a lot of problems
with g++ 3.4 which doesn't support -mno-cywin flag and Cygwin has in
their repositories the last version of compilers( g++4.7.3 or mingw*).
- I researched how bison and lex work then I had added an entry
licence into setup_test.ini which will be used in the installer to
download the license terms.
- I have fixed the bug with __fstati64 function.
- I updated the wiki page with new configuration
- You could see my work at http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/timeline
What do I plan on doing next week?
Next week my work will concentrate in scan the setup.ini file which
has restrictive packages
Did I block on anything?
I had a problem with functions and virtual classes.
Steve Ataucuri Cruz
School of Computer Science,
San Pablo Catholic University - Arequipa, Peru (http://www.ucsp.edu.pe),
Screen Names :
stonescenter at hotmail.com (Windows Live Messenger)
stonescenter at gmail.com (Google talk)
stonescenter at yahoo.com (Yahoo Messenger)
More information about the SoC