[SoC] UbuntuGIS Report 5

Jerome Villeneuve Larouche jlarouche at mapgears.com
Fri Jul 19 12:30:25 PDT 2013

Hi,

It's a good week, updates are finally done and everything seems to be
working fine!

What did you get done this week?
     I finished fixing the bugs with all the packages. I had to removed
Globe support in QGIS for Precise and Raring, I also updated
libgdal-ecw-src so it can build the plugin with the new ECW SDK 5.0.
Updated a typo in the libgdal-grass package name. Updated grass to
6.4.3rc4. There was wrong file paths in the PostGIS packages. I also
started on writing some doc, it'll be available once it's complete.

What do you plan on doing next week?
     I asked the community for new packages they would like in
UbuntuGIS. So I'll have a better idea next week as to what needs to be
done exactly. I'll probably start by adding Geotools and create some doc
on how to package Java softwares. If there is time I'll start planning
and maybe even setup the new Debian GIS repository and continue writing
the documentation for UbuntuGIS.

Are you blocked on anything?
Right now everything seems to be working fine. It took a little while to
get the gdal-ecw-src package to build against ECW 5.0 but now it works.