[SoC] OSSIM GSoC 2013 Weekly Report #5
mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 23:37:44 PDT 2013
=== Weekly Report 5 ===
''' What did you get done this week? '''
* Auto switching to custom planetSasha fetch method for Thredds catalog
with no OGC services enabled.
* Created a new ui for viewer which uses matplotlib.
* When a netCDF source listed in the import is selected it is added to
source tree in the viewer ui.
* Import allows multiple selection of .nc files which is important because
fetching takes time is longer in some cases.
* matplotlib's basemap visualize the selected data source from the source
''' What do you plan on doing next week? '''
* Update import ui for time selection, interpolation etc.
* Add provision to view metadata netCDF dataset.
* Instead of fetching every time a simple xml (custom) should created
locally and used in later parsing.
* PlanetSasha will check for xml file in local system using custom naming
* Another alternative I was planning to use is add sqlite db
(data_cache.db) for this purpose (can store url, date, time etc..).
* The local xml should be removed and created again only if the force
option is selected and fetch comes from server.
* Using this caching technique user's will be able to fetch the .nc files
and save time from redundant parsing of Catalog.
''' Are you blocked on anything? '''
* Fetcing the catalog through recusrive parsing taking a lot of time
making a delay in debugging and testing
Weekly report #5 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC