[SoC] OSSIM GSoC 2013 Weekly Report #6

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 10:06:10 PDT 2013

Hi all,

here goes my weekly report.

=== Weekly Report 6 ===

''' What did you get done this week? '''
 * worked on mapwindow NetCDF Viewer. added controls to select time period
and interpolation
 * worked on import module. single long fetch is removed.
 * USGS Thredds catalog fetch mimics that of browser and catalog tree nodes
are expanded on user command.
   This saves a very large amount of time since each fetch takes a couple
of seconds and there is no point in
   creating local xml files to avoid parsing. However .nc files may need
caching.
 * fixed matplotlib issues when plotting inisde PyQt.
 * added progressbar to monitor matplotlib's plotting.

''' What do you plan on doing next week? '''
 * I am planning to add multithreading support in the mapwindow.
 * matplotlib operations must be done in a seperate thread detached from ui.
 * I will work on progressbar updation logic based on threading mechanism
 * If everything comes clean by wednesday I will work on
pyossim-planetsasha part

''' Are you blocked on anything? '''
 * Nothing

Weekly report #6 [1]