[SoC] GSoC'13 OpenTripPlanner-for-Android Weekly Report #6

Pavel Melnikov positron96 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 05:13:23 PDT 2013

Hello Vreixo.
On this GSoC I am writing an application for Android which will have maps
based on OpenStreetMaps tiles. I haven't started on the map part yet and am
still choosing the right framework for that. Could you say why did you
chose Google's API? I am now looking at osmdroid (
http://code.google.com/p/osmdroid/) api and it looks rather promising - and
does not include any hassle with Google API keys.

Best wishes,
  Pavel