[SoC] GSoC'13 OpenTripPlanner-for-Android Weekly Report #6
vreixo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 17:18:02 PDT 2013
I'm sorry for the late report but I made it this way because I wanted to
get some things finished.
*What did I do this week?*
In the first part of the week I made same improvements to the UI and
repaired some bugs. On the second part I have created a new branch and
started started to implement Maps API V2. Also I have made an updated list
of my objectives and priorities, in agreement with mentors.
Regarding the first part:
- I have created an AsyncTask to perform an operation that blocked the UI
for a few seconds. I have added also the necessary UI parts to inform about
how this task performs.
- I have worked on another task that needed some changes to inform of his
results and progress. Also there was an error regarding the dialogs of
tasks, that crashed app on pressing back.
- I have corrected the date of refreshed servers, changing all related
classes to use a Timestamp and avoid problems with locales.
Regarding the maps API V2:
- I have managed to get the map showed on the app using new API.
- I have added support to change between different OSM tiles, defined in
resources, through settings.
*What will I be working on next week?*
- Continue with the adaptation to API V2, replacing some problematic parts
of the actual code by services provided by the API.
- If I can finish first part, make some UI improvements and develop a
correct management of app's lifecycle.
*Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?*
- It was a nightmare to get maps API V2 showing the map and get rid of the
error contacting Google servers. I have lost many hours dealing with keys,
permissions and imports.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC