[SoC] coders, start your compilers

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 17 14:37:57 PDT 2013

Welcome everyone :)

I'm sure Anne will be by with more details and updates from the
FOSS4G-CEE conference (any students there?), but I wanted to
extend many hellos.

As you start writing your first line of code for the project in the
next day(s), here's to a most productive and fun summer! I really
look forward to seeing your first weekly reports and following your
progress.

If you are having trouble with setting up the build environment or with
source code repository management please let us know, as we've all had
to fight with the same in the past and have picked up a few tricks.
The summer is much too short to waste a week stuck on indirect blockers. :)

small plug:
If any of your weekly reports are particularly bloggy, and it would be
great if they were, please consider to register them with
http://planet.osgeo.org for a wider osgeo audience and exposure. Email
<planet (at) osgeo (dot) org> if you would like your blog added to
the feed.

and remember, we're here to help! don't be afraid to ask.

regards,
Hamish & the OSgeo GSoC admin team