[SoC] WR#1-2-3

Jerome Villeneuve Larouche jlarouche at mapgears.com
Fri Jun 21 06:57:21 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm Jérôme and for this GSoC I'm working on UbuntuGIS and the creation
of a new unstable repository for Debian.

Since University starts early here, I've started working on my project
on June 3, so I've got 3 weekly reports for you!

Week 1

Installed a LXC container as a build environement. I also setuped all
the pbuilder distro I need and all the tools needed for package building.

I stayed with a Oneiric environment as there are some changes in
pbuilder-dist on precise and up that make packing using a PPA more
complicated.

There was no major problem this week.

Next week I'll sync our local repository with the newest change from
DebianGIS.

Week 2

I synched every packages in our local repo with the packages on DebianGIS.

I also started working on a Vagrant environment on Precise with a script
to install everything and make thing a lot easier for people to
contribute UbuntuGIS.

I also uploaded the current packages for Raring on UbuntuGIS.

I started working on the problem with Pbuilder-dist and Precise, I've
got some fixes but it's not perfect.

I'll continue working on the Vagrant env next week and probably start
updating the packages, starting with Lucid.

Week 3

I started updating packages in Lucid using the Vagrant environment to
test it. I've had some problem updating gdal to 1.10 and had to remove
dods support as there seem to be a link problem with libdap-dev that I
couldn't find.

I'll continue the package update next week.