[SoC] OpenSurveyor weekly report

Pavel Melnikov positron96 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 09:22:46 PDT 2013

Hello there everyone!
I am Pavel Melnikov and I am this year's student for GSoC doing an
OpenStreetMap project called OpenSurveyor. Actually I was thinking about
writing to OpenStreetMap's list, but I'te been told that I should post
here. So here is my first post and a first weekly report.

For the first week and some time before I and project's mentor Ilya have
been designing project architecture and I have been getting familiar with
some of android recent apis. In more details:

*We figured what features will be implemented and what are most important.

*Desided what the Look and feel should be and how to combine two major
features (quick tagging in moving car and freeform drawing on the map) in a
single application.

*Data exchange format (xml scheme to store notes and POIs)

*Getting familiar with new Android ActionBar and Fragments API on old
devices and other 3.0 apis.