[SoC] GSoC - GRASS GIS - T-Algebra - Weekly report

Thomas Leppelt thomas.leppelt at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 28 04:51:34 PDT 2013

Hi all,

last week I worked a lot with the TGIS API and PLY to implement the
temporal algebra in Python. Therefore I use PLY for lexical analysis of
temporal expressions and utilize TGIS methods to evaluate these
expressions.I tested the lexer and it seems to work correctly.
I tried to build the structure for the temporal algebra and now starts to
fill in the required methods.
I began with the temporal selection function and implemented an intern map
list structure to store generated map lists, derived from temporal
expressions, independently from input type (Vector, Raster). Both are in
ongoing development.

In the next week I will continue the implementation of the temporal algebra
functions.  I try to keep track of the temporal algebra. Sometimes it gets
complex... but there is and will be progress.

Greetings

Thomas

Link to project wiki page:
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GSoC_2013_Temporal_GIS_Algebra_for_raster_and_vector_data_in_GRASS