[SoC] GSOC'13- pgrouting weekly report 2:A partitioned approach to on demand increment graph assembly for pgRouting.

Mukul priya mukul2047 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 11:05:39 PDT 2013

Hi all ,

Week 2 report :
What did i do this week ?

   - Tried understanding the internal aspects of pgrouting i.e studied
   about the basic data flow using bd_astar source code .
   - Tested some basic pl/pgsql codes.
   - Read and deployed the basic partitioning code that Steve provided.Have
   made some changes to it, will try testing it this weekend.

<https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/Gsoc-2013-mukul-priya-r2#what-will-i-be-working-on-next-week->What
will I be working on next week ?

   - For the next two weeks the major focus will be to implement the
   partitioning stuff using quad tree approach as discussed with Steve and
   Daniel . Will have to discuss and tackle new issues that may pop up during
   this period.

<https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/Gsoc-2013-mukul-priya-r2#did-i-meet-with-any-stumbling-blocks>Did
I meet with any stumbling blocks?

   - It took a while for me to understand the basic data flow.
   - I am new to procedural languages but it wasn't so tricky to
   understand.

The link for the above is
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/Gsoc-2013-mukul-priya-r2

Regards

Mukul Priya
+91 9885991061
Lab For Spatial Informatics
International Institute of Information Technology
Hyderabad, India