[SoC] GSoC 13 WR 13 - Hydrologically controlled landslides susceptibility tool for uDig

Marco Foi gsoc at mcfoi.it
Sun Sep 15 08:32:47 PDT 2013

GSoC 13 WR 13 - Hydrologically controlled landslides susceptibility tool
for uDig

Hi mates!

I’m Marco and I am working on the development of a tool to assess
susceptibility of hydrologically controlled shallow landslides.
The software will be based on the Ph.D. Thesis in Environmental Engineering
by Lanni C. (2012) and will consist of a model available for use within the
uDig/JGrass Spatial Toolbox

These are the tasks I’ve been doing during this third week:

• What did I do this week?

- This week I could proceed to completing 98% of the core code so that I am
pretty confident that I will be able to add on Monday 16th the last
function for merging output Safety Factor maps basing on worst case
selection. This means that I will be able to prepare a working deliverable
just in time for the soft pencil-down deadline.

• What will I be working on next week?

- Since documentation is actually delivered within the code itself in the
form of comments and embedded html files that are parsed by GUI creation
tools, I will be working on the package also in the last week. I will also
have to prepare a small wrapper class that extend the accessibility of the
tool by allowing its usage through scripting languages: no core
functionality.

• Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?

- No.

The code of the JGrassTools framework I have enhanced is available here:
https://bitbucket.org/mcfoi/jgrasstool-cislam/

Specifically, the developed module is named 'Cislam' and is located in this
folder:
https://bitbucket.org/mcfoi/jgrasstool-cislam/src/b6e1fbd00f6e052c2c5e50f16091275dbc321520/hortonmachine/src/main/java/org/jgrasstools/hortonmachine/modules/hydrogeomorphology/cislam?at=cislamdev

Best regards,
Marco