[SoC] Weekly Report - ScribeUI

Jessica Lapointe jlapointe at mapgears.com
Mon Sep 16 14:54:17 PDT 2013

I postponed this week's report to get in sync with GSoC's soft pencils down
date!

*Work Done:*
Last official code release for the GSoC! The new plugin system is ready,
along with an example plugin called setextent, which allows the user to
easily edit his map's extent by drawing a rectangle on the openlayers map.
*Next Week:*
This week is mostly about documentation, both to help the user understand
the application's interface, and also to help developper get started with
the plugin creation.
*Problems Encountered:*
Flask's blueprints, though highly useful, were not working exactly as how I
needed them to.
I also discovered a bug which meant a lot of important variables were
impossible to edit, which rendered my plugin useless.