[SoC] GSOC'14- pgrouting weekly report 8:Refactor Current VRP Implementation into Generic Class Solver for pgRouting

Mukul priya mukul2047 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 10:50:04 PDT 2014

Hi All,

Here is my 8th weekly report

*###  What did i do this week ?*
* As mentioned in the time line , I implemented a basic Tabu search this
week with one of the moves (2-opt*) for generating neigbourhood. I tested
the implementation for a basic data set with 100 orders and was able to
optimize the initial solution to some extent .

*###   What will I be working on next week?*
* I will continue testing the optimizer for new data sets after adding one
more neighbourhood move inside the tabu search.
* Depending on the data set , it is difficult to estimate which
neigbourhood move might give better results/ optimal solution. I will try
and test with more data sets which have their corresponding best solution
so far and then compare it with the results of my implementation.

*###  Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?*
* No

Link to weekly report :
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2014-Mukul-Priya-R8

Link to code repository :