[SoC] GSoC 2014 - gvSIG-jexcel - weekly report #9

Manuel Madrid madridgarcia.manuel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 22:16:02 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Sorry for the late. Here you go the report of the last week:

* What did I get done this week?

This week I focused on testing the multiple spreadsheet support with
latest gvSIG 2.1 build for both as a layer and a as a table cases. The
functionality is working fine. I just detected one remarkable issue
related with usability [1]. Unfortunately, to carry out this suggestion
is too complicated and time-consuming to be done within the GSoC program
as it would require to implement a new tab within the Load Layer and
Load Table dialog boxes specific for Excel spreadsheets.

* What do I plan on doing next week?

Next week I will start the implementation of the writing support which
will allow to export a gvSIG table to Excel spreadsheet format.

* Am I blocked on anything?

No, I'm not.

Best,
Manuel.