[SoC] GSoC 2014 - OTB project weekly report: week 10

Martina Porfiri martina.porfiri at uniroma1.it
Sat Jul 26 15:35:00 PDT 2014

Hi all,below you can find the week report n°
 ​10
.Work done

This week my work was focused on two parallel issues regarding ICE code
usage: i) APIs+Viewer integration and ii) 3D image rendering. In order to
solve them I have implemented a new simple Viewer, 'basicviewer': at the
moment through this application the user is able to load and visualize a
single image in a three dimensional view (doing it efficiently have
required some days). Hereafter are pointed out the two steps:

   - Implementing and testing the new application, I have better understood
   how correctly integrate ICE APIs, in particular 'GlImageActor' and 'GlView'
   class ones, for image rendering

   - I have investigated how implementing 3D rendering, i.e. how moving
   loaded images also in the z-direction in order to allow the CoverFlow mode.
   It was necessary modifying the 'orb::GlView::BeforeRendering' function: in
   particular switching from 'glOrtho' projection to 'gluPerspective' the 3D
   moving has been enabled. In this context a crucial role was played by the
   function parameters: wrong ones push the image outside the view frustum and
   thus make it not visible on screen

Work to be done in the next week

   - I will restart to develop the 'otbice_CoverFlow' application aimed to
   CoverFlow images rendering using ICE APIs. Most probably it will be
   necessary reorganize and adjust 'GlCoverFlow' class structure

Blocking issues

   - Even if it was not trivial, this week I fixed my blocking issues

*Project links:*

Wikipage: http://wiki.orfeo-toolbox.org/index.php/GSoC_2014_project
Repository: https://bitbucket.org/Mporfiri/gsoc_2014

Regards,