[SoC] UbuntuGIS Weekly Report 3

Jerome Villeneuve Larouche jlarouche at mapgears.com
Sun Jun 8 08:31:50 PDT 2014

Hi,

This week I worked on pushing pacakges on Stable for Precise and
updating Lucid.

The stable update is done and seems to be working good. If you have any
issue using the Stable repo, please tell me so I can quickly fix it.

The Lucid update is harder than I thought, the new packages require more
packages that aren't available or are too old on Lucid so I have to
build and backport some. For now GEOS, Spatialite and GDAL are up to
date. I had modify them a bit since Lucid doesn't support multiarch.

I'm currently in the process of backporting librsvg from Precise to
Lucid for Mapserver 6.4.1.

I've also participated in the OsgeoLive meeting this week and talked a
bit about my plans for Java packages. We're thinking of going for a
quick packaging way first by packaging .war to .deb. It won't be
accepted on Debian, but for OsgeoLive and UbuntuGIS it would be a quick
hack to have the packages available. If you have any suggestion or idea
about that, I would be glad to hear them.

So this week didn't go as I planned and I'll try to get back the time I
lost next week.

--
Jérôme Villeneuve Larouche
www.mapgears.com