[SoC] Welcoming interest for QGIS plugin for schematization

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Mar 19 08:37:32 PDT 2014

Hi All,

We welcome interested students for  QGIS plugin for schematization http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/17/Google_Summer_of_Code_2014  (see schematization plugin)

Schematic maps are diagrammatic representation based on linear abstractions of networks. Typically transportation networks are the key candidates for applying schematization. Schematic maps are very useful for navigation and have evolved from paper maps to in-car navigation devices to mobile maps etc. Currently there is no schematization tools for FOSS and hence our aim to develop plugin in QGIS.

Luciene Delazari is the  main mentor along with Henrique Firkowski,  Piotr Pociask (who developed Generalizer plugin for QGIS - which we can build upon some aspects), Mark Ware and myself will be there to support this project.

Suchith

may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.