[SoC] GSOC Weekly Report #1 - View Module for Cartaro

Naveen Panwar panwarnaveen9 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 14:18:39 PDT 2014

Hello,

Please find the GSOC week #1 report as follow.

Report URL -
https://github.com/panwarnaveen9/View-Module-for-Cartaro-GSOC2014/wiki/Code-Week-%231

*Weekly Report (19th May to 24th May) -*

*Aim* - The task in hand was to learn and understand the Cartao and PostGIS
module functionalities. Also get familiarize with Content type and
Geometric field in Cartao.

*Things, I have done this week*

   - Finish the proper installation of the Cartaro, tomcat7, geo-server,
   php, PostgreSQL.
   - Building latest version of PostGIS (i.e 2.1) from source.
   - Configure Geo-Server which used to provide layers via Web Feature
   Service (WFS) and Web Map Service (WMS) to Cartaro.
   - Adding new content type and geometric field to cartaro.
   - Configure OpenLayers to activate your GeoServer layer in a cartaro map
   and add Geo-spatial content.

*Learning*

   - We must build the PostGIS 1.5 + from source before cartaro
   installation.
   - The name of the new User-Group Service should be the same that
the *Geo-server
   Workspace name* that you choose when installing Cartaro.
   - Enable PostGIS extension in PostgreSQL database with cartaro user as
   owner.

*Things to do next week*

   - Prepare the list of functionalities which were already there and which
   we are going to provide the user for queries.
   - Write down and Draw technical design document.

*Important URLs*

   - Repository URL -
   https://github.com/panwarnaveen9/View-Module-for-Cartaro-GSOC2014
   - GSOC Development setup -