[SoC] [OSGeo-Discuss] Google Summer of Code 2015

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 01:09:44 PST 2015

On Mon, 09 Feb 2015 19:23:05 -0800
Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:

> On 02/09/2015 04:23 PM, Cristiano Giovando wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > We, at the Humanitarian OSM Team (HOT) [1] just started the
> > organization application for Google Summer of Code 2015. Considering
> > that some project ideas may be of interest to both OSGeo and HOT, we
> > were wondering if you are planning to participate in GSoC this year
> > and if you would like to coordinate on some projects?
> >
> > Here are some topics for developing ideas:
> >
> > - open source geospatial plugins for humanitarian response
> > - development of Open Aerial Map [2]
> > - spatial ETL, improvements to export tools [3]
> > - mapping coordination platforms [4]
> > - humanitarian/OSM version of OSGeo Live
> > - map rendering based on the Humanitarian Data Model
> > - mobile field mapping applications
> >
> > Please let us know if you are interested!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Cristiano
> >
> > [1] http://hot.openstreetmap.org
> > [2] https://github.com/hotosm/OpenAerialMap
> > [3] http://export.hotosm.org
> > [4] http://tasks.hotosm.org
> >

> Cristiano,
>
> Yes I believe OSGeo is currently working on applying to participate.
> The discussion happens on a dedicated email list.
>
> Anne who is one of our organizers/lead mentors should have more info
> for you.

Hello Cristiano, all,

we are currently sorting out details of OSGeo application for GSoC, and
I definitely welcome collaboration with HOT team over the topics you
listed.
Once OSGeo applies and we get the results of Google selection, we can
set up a wiki page with shared ideas.

All the best for HOT team for its first GSoC!

Kind regards,

Anne
--
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Aghisla