[SoC] GSoC 2015 JGrasstools MODFLOW and Zoo-WPS ideas

Alexander Kmoch alexander.kmoch at aut.ac.nz
Tue Feb 24 12:26:18 PST 2015

Hi everyone,

my name is Alex, I am studying Geoinformatics in New Zealand, water is a
big issue here (like probably in most places nowadays). I have been
working with the 52North WPS for a while. In my research work I am
aiming to apply OGC standards in Hydrogeology. Lately I started
experimenting with encapsulating SWAT (Soil Water Assessment Tool)
within a 52N WPS algorithm and to "feed" it with OGC geodata (aka WFS
features, WCS coverages and SOS hydro-climate time-series).

At this stage I saw the OSGeo GSoC Jgrasstools ideas, amazing :-) As of
now I'd like to ask, why ZOO-WPS is chosen as the WPS? Just as a
question, JGrassTools as Java-API would also play nicely with the 52N
WPS? I don't have much experiences with ZOO, but I got it installed and
could get a JVM process running.

I'd would be intrigued to explore these topics further with you.

Best Regards,
Alex

PS: Good luck and all the best for the GSoC acceptance as mentoring org :-)