[SoC] GSoC 2015 JGrasstools MODFLOW and Zoo-WPS ideas

andrea antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 14:02:56 PST 2015

Hi Alex,

> my name is Alex, I am studying Geoinformatics in New Zealand, water is a big
> issue here (like probably in most places nowadays). I have been working with
> the 52North WPS for a while. In my research work I am aiming to apply OGC
> standards in Hydrogeology. Lately I started experimenting with encapsulating
> SWAT (Soil Water Assessment Tool) within a 52N WPS algorithm and to "feed"
> it with OGC geodata (aka WFS features, WCS coverages and SOS hydro-climate
> time-series).
>
> At this stage I saw the OSGeo GSoC Jgrasstools ideas, amazing :-) As of now

nice to hear you like them.
And I like the experiments you write about a lot. :-)

> I'd like to ask, why ZOO-WPS is chosen as the WPS? Just as a question,
> JGrassTools as Java-API would also play nicely with the 52N WPS? I don't
> have much experiences with ZOO, but I got it installed and could get a JVM
> process running.

This all comes from the fact that some initial work has been done to
create a Zoo WPS modules generator for the JGrasstools project and we
had contact with the ZooWPS community.

> I'd would be intrigued to explore these topics further with you.

Feel free to stop in the JGrasstools mailinglist and discuss this further.

All the best,
Andrea