[SoC] Report 7 - GSoC - OpenTripPlanner - GTFS-RT Validator

Nipuna Gunathillake nipuna777 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 13:24:50 PDT 2015

Hello,

Here's my progress for the seventh week of GSoC project GTFS-RT validator
tool.

Project link: https://github.com/CUTR-at-USF/gtfs-realtime-validator

*1) What do I have completed this week?*

   - Expanding the wiki page
      - Added introduction page(wiki - home
      <https://github.com/CUTR-at-USF/gtfs-realtime-validator/wiki>)
      - Listing out the rules on the wiki page in test format(wiki - rules
      <https://github.com/CUTR-at-USF/gtfs-realtime-validator/wiki/Rules-and-Test-Cases>
      )
      - Started working on a cleaner API to access the monitored data
      - Database overview (wiki - database
      <https://github.com/CUTR-at-USF/gtfs-realtime-validator/wiki/Database-Overview>
      )
   - Allowing monitoring to be done at variable time (commit
   <https://github.com/CUTR-at-USF/gtfs-realtime-validator/commit/489beb8092826f2ee002792b2db9e8fd7e61b2fc>
   )
   - Learning Unit testing with JUnit.
   - Started Checking the timestamps

*2) What am I going to achieve for next week?*

   - Finalizing the database and the way errors/warnings are stored
   - Creating a demo on the error display format
   - Start working on a set of rule validations

*3) Is there any blocking issue?*

   - None this week.

Best Regards,

Nipuna Gunathilake.